Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Doing the right thing

Normally I use Local Loves to promote smaller companies and organizations.  But every once in a while a big-name company does something so wonderful, so gracious that I want to scream their praise from the roof!  This happened to me today with Domino's pizza of Ashburn Farm.  I placed an order online for 15 pizzas to be delivered tomorrow for a work function.  Twenty minutes later I receive a call from the delivery guy saying that he had arrived and was waiting for me...yikes!  Panic sets in.  I don't need 15 pizzas today, I need them tomorrow and I really don't want to pay out of pocket for this issue.  I explain to the delivery guy that I meant for the order to come tomorrow, and that I was completely amazed that they could make and deliver 15 pizzas in 20 minutes.  His reply, "no problem." 

A few minutes later I get a call from his manager.  I am certain this is to tell me that I would be charged for the pizzas.  Nope.  The call was to let me know that they would make sure that the pizzas arrived tomorrow, and that I might temporarily see a double charge on my credit card, but he promised that the credit had been processed.  I asked him to take the pizzas back to his shop and store them until tomorrow.  I didn't want them wasting them.  His reply, "No ma am.  It wouldn't be right to serve you day-old pizza.  The ones from tonight will be donated to the local fire department."  I thanked him and told him I would blog about this- a small thank you for such a huge act of kindness.

How amazingly wonderful is Doug (the manager)?!? Not only did they treat me with courtesy and respect, but they used the opportunity to support the local fire department. 

If you are in the area, I strongly suggest you support this local Domino's!

43330 Junction Plz #118
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 729-6100

No comments:

Post a Comment