Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks- Potomac River Running

At the suggestion of my physical therapist, I headed over to Potomac River Running  to get some new kicks.  My old running shoes were shot, and I needed a new pair that would help stabalize my foot strike (don't I sound fancy?). 

Yesterday, I took a trip over to the Leesburg PR store, where I met Kristen.  Kristen put me on a machine that analyzed the pressure points of my feet and then had me jog on a treadmill to have a look at my gait.  A few minutes later she returned with several pairs of shoes for me to try. 

I picked out a pair of Brooks Ravenna 2's, which I loved.  She had me jump back on the treadmill, and presto, chango! my footstrike was dramatically improved. 

I gave them a test run this morning and they felt great!  Thanks to Kristen and the rest of the helpful staff over at Potomac River Running  for great service! 

Happy Running!
http://www.potomacriverrunning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment